Friday, November 16, 2007

Whoo hoo!

Today was a good day! I finished the quilt that I'm making for Faith for Christmas (it's so cute, I'll try and remember to upload pics!) and we got a TERRIFIC offer on the house! They offered only $5k under our list price! All they want us to fix is the sidewalk- no problem!

The only issue we may have is they are FHA. Like the first buyers. I come to find out that the first appraisal that the first buyers got stay on public record for 6 months. So the new buyers mortgage company may deny that as well because the appraisal came back so low. Man I can't stand FHA. Our realtor (and the previous buyers realtor) both agree that the guy who did the appraisal was terrible. It should NOT have come back that low. He used comparables from a year ago and from houses not even in our neighborhood but in really bad ones! He even said in his report (of which I have a copy of) that with all the upgrades we did on our house, it appeared newer than the 60 years that the house is!!!!!!!! So no one understands why it came back so low.

Regardless, it turns out these buyers REALLY love the house and they are going to try and fight their mortgage company to get a new appraisal! I am SO happy! If their mortgage company doesn't agree, then we will probably drop the house to the appraisal cost- just to get rid of it, unless we get another offer. It's a bummer- but we just want to be rid of this house!!! Of course it will be much nicer to have the extra ten grand I tell ya!!

So please pray, light a candle, think happy thoughts- whatever you do- that this works out and we can sell the house at a decent price!!!! Please!!

1 comment:

Clink said...

All happy thoughts going your way hun!!! I really hope it all goes through at the amount you want!!!