Thursday, November 29, 2007

Cancer sucks.

I belong to a sewing board, lots of wonderful women chatting it up and getting some sewing done in between. I think the majority of the women are moms, hence the name SEWINGMAMAS.

There is one lady on there, who I have "known" for oh gosh.. 5 or 6 years now??? She's had bouts with cancer on and off almost the whole time.

She just had a baby two months after Luke was born, a miracle little boy. She shouldn't have been able to have anymore children after her chemo and radiation, but she did. She also has 6 year old twin boys.

She basically was just told there is nothing more they can do. The spot in her lungs has more than doubled. She was just in the hospital due to a collapsed lung. What do you SAY to someone who posts that?? Nothing I want to type sounds good enough. How can you just say "I'm sorry"?? To that. That can happen to ANYONE. My aunt passed away two weeks ago after finding out she had cancer less than six months ago. What do I say to my cousins??? One of whom is a very close friend of mine and has six children, my childrens ages? I hate cancer. That's all I can say. It takes way too many wonderful people away. WAY too many.

I'm sorry for this sad post, I'm just so angry and sad for this woman, and pray all the time that it doesn't happen to me.

1 comment:

Clink said...

Oh my goodness how awful. I think the only thing you can do is offer to be there if you are needed. Offer time, and an ear. Sometimes that is all we can do.
Cancer does suck.
I am sorry about your Aunt.