Thursday, January 31, 2008

Nothing better than fresh grown lettuce in the winter!

In honor of my absent sister (who left me for Australia! Sheesh!) I made a nice salad. See, she bought me this nifty contraption for Christmas called an Aerogarden
I had wanted one for a while, but never wanted to pony up $150 for something that MAY work..

So anyhow.. got the present- yippee!! So excited! Opened it up and started my "garden" the next day! (12/26) Here I am today, already reaping the rewards! I've had fresh lettuce all this week on my turkeyburgers! Yum-o! It's not as hardy as regular lettuce, kind of thin for a lettuce leaf... but it tastes the same (when you close your eyes- sorry- song stuck in my head now)

Nice green salad... lettuce, tomato and cukes! Nice healthy lunch. :D


Here is my "garden". Its kind of wimpy compared to the aerogarden pics on amazon. It works though. The back 4 pods are salad greens, the front three pods are supposed to be cilantro (which never grew), basil on crack, and italian parsley. The basil as you see is doing very well. lol

4 comments:

PMH said...

Wow...that's great. And to think that I was there when you first started to grow it! I just started buying myself some seeds and I intend on growing a garden myself this year. After all, there may be such a food shortage when the economy crashes that we all will have to grow our own food. LOL

Clink said...

Thats what that things does? I have heard about them...now I think I want one!

Karen said...

Did you ever replace the bulb that blew out?

Cheryl said...

Yes Karen! I had to pay $20 for two new bulbs.. at least they had free shipping. ;)